In Puerto Rico and USVI to serve you
At Liberty, an excellent customer experience is our biggest priority. Our customer satisfaction index has been constantly increasing, recently reaching the highest levels in our company and in the industry. Also with AT&T moving forward, our clients in Puerto Rico and the USVI will receive quality service from a company operated call center, located in Puerto Rico.
Who is acquiring AT&T? Liberty Latin America or Liberty PR? Why?
Did Liberty Latin America acquire all of AT&T? Only in Puerto Rico?
What happens if you go to MYATT app and get a message asking if you are a Liberty or an AT&T customer?
Why did AT&T sell?
How much was the transaction?
What brand are we going to use for wireline?
Who will manage the wireline business?
Are you going to bundle wireless into an offering for a 4-play package?
What will be the rates for wireline services?
When is it official?
Is Liberty prepared to run this business? Does LibertyPR have experience running a wireless business?
Is Liberty prepared to protect and restore the wireless network in case of emergency?
Will the operations be fully integrated? Sales, customer service, stores?
Will Liberty offer video, internet and telephony services in the USVI?
Are you closing any of AT&T offices or stores?
How will you integrate both networks? Fiber ring?
Are you continuing with 5G deployment? What is your plan?
Will Liberty also buy DirecTV?
Will I receive a discount if I have all four services with you?
Are you going to offer centralized customer service for all services?
Who will send me my bill? How many bills am I going to receive?
Is AT&T abandoning Puerto Rico?
Will I lose my roaming benefits as an AT&T customer?
Will mobile customers be able to access MyAT&T and/or Premier?
Will Liberty Business offer video, internet and telephony services in the USVI?
Thank you for your support in 2020.
2020 brought us some tough challenges and some significant achievements. Looking back, I feel very proud of how we managed this historic year. We changed our operating model quickly and we adapted to a completely new and unexpected situation. Overall, Liberty was very successful in providing connectivity and entertainment when it was most needed.
We definitely had some challenges to provide service due to the sudden increase in demand, just as most other telecommunication companies around the world, but we were able to provide internet, video and telephony services to individuals and businesses so they could carry on with their lives, work, study and keep in contact. We are very proud that we made it possible for hundreds of thousands of employees and business owners to work remotely and likewise for students to remain connected to their teachers.
The achievements speak for themselves:
- We added and retained more customers this year than ever before.
- Data consumption per home reached record levels, close to 500 Gigabytes per home per month, 20 times higher than mobile internet use per month.
- We managed a record number of calls and messages in our customer service center.
- We completed a record number of installations for new customers.
- We created almost 200 direct and indirect jobs in Puerto Rico.
- We upgraded our infrastructure and increased the capacity of our distribution network and our core network by 1,300 Gbps to accommodate the increase of almost 70% in data consumption.
- We launched new speeds in our Triple Packs, currently offering 250Mbps.
- We implemented several initiatives to help customers who faced financial difficulty due to the pandemic, such as not charging late and reconnection fees, offering discounts and payment plans and presenting more affordable bundles. In addition, we offered basic internet service to over 11,000 customers who could not pay for it.
- We participated in the students’ internet service subsidy federal program.
- We built 25,000 new homes with our Fiber to the Home connection, which provides speeds of 1Gbps.
- We earned the Speedtest Award™ 2020 as Puerto Rico’s fastest fixed network for a fourth year in a row.
- We received the Partners for Good 2020 Award from Foundation for Puerto Rico (FPR) and the Clinton Global Initiative (CGI) for the company’s commitment to communities in Puerto Rico.
- We completed the acquisition of AT&T’s operations in Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. We are now over 2,200 employees at your service!
- We invested in wireless and wireline networks in Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands to expand coverage and improve connectivity.
- We added over 1,000 capacity and speed expansion projects in the network.
- In 2020, we launched 5G in all Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- The mobile network was also recognized as the fastest in Puerto Rico, according to Speedtest® by Ookla®, keeping this recognition while absorbing an increase of up to 26% in traffic.
- We launched our Hub TV television console.
- We started offering customer service through WhatsApp.
- We launched our new application Liberty Go PR.
What can you expect in 2021?
- Customer service with a company-owned call center in Puerto Rico, managing 100% of all calls with local agents. We are hiring more people to lower wait times.
- We will continue expanding 5G services and will continue making upgrades, expanding and optimizing the network’s capacity to cover our communities’ communication needs.
- We will keep burying our optic fiber and increasing our fiber redundancy for more reliability and resilience when combining the mobile network with the fixed one.
- We will continue reaching new and current customers with our Fiber to the Home new build standard.
- We will not raise our fees for our internet, television and telephony services. Despite the investment we made to expand our network and the yearly increase in programming costs from television channels, we are absorbing a great amount of additional costs this year as a commitment to Puerto Rico and customers who were impacted by the pandemic.
- We will offer new internet products.
- We will have special offers for internet and mobile customers.
We closed a tough year, but we have lots of reasons to welcome this new year. We reaffirm our commitment to you to keep working to bring you the best experience with your connectivity and entertainment services. Thank you for trusting Liberty!
President and CEO